Tis’ indeed the 25th March my friends and this time 25 years I made my grand entrance into this world.
I’m officially a quarter of a century old. A few years ago this would have made me *eeeeek!* but now I’m going to grab the bull by it’s horns and just enjoy it.
SourceLike having an extraordinarily, stupendously, excitingly beautiful and tasty birthday breakfast:
1 cup of cooked pumpkin or squash
2 cups of oat milk or any other non-dairy alternative
4 cups of water
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 scoop of pea protein
1 tsp of maca powder
1 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum
1 tsp of cinnamon
For the overnight oats:
1/2 cup of oats
1 tbsp of wheat germ
2 tbsp of omega mixed seeds
2 tbsp of 0% Greek yoghurt (I used Total)
1 cup of oat milk
1 cup of water
Leave the oats to soak overnight in the fridge. In the morning take them out of the fridge to let them come up to room temperature. Meanwhile blitz up the pumpkin pie smoothie mixture. Layer the two mixtures on top of each other.
Next…smile and enjoy!
This was amazing! I topped mine with cocoa ground flax and raw chocolate covered goji berries. And of course there was plenty left over to go green…
This mixture is exactly the same as above, but it includes spinach and is topped with a peanut flour sauce. The perfect way to start the birthday celebrations!
I have no idea where the years have gone but I really do have a lot to be grateful for. So, inspired by Gracie I’ve made a list of 25 things that I have learnt over the years. They are in no particular order and some are serious and some are just down right silly!
25 lessons learnt in 25 years
1. Don’t make excuses for who you are.
2 Peanut butter is one of life’s essentials…FACT!
3. You always have a choice.
4. Mum always, and I stress always knows best.
5. Chocolate makes everything better.
6. It may not seem it at the time, but everything always turns out well in the end
7. Fail to prepare then be prepared to fail8. Always remember to smile
9. Respect, have it and give it.
10. Cleanse, tone, moisturise.
11. Change is inevitable. Look out for it. Accept it.
12. Hater’s are gonna hate no matter what.
13. I *LOVE* green smoothies. It’s a chronic addiction and I’m not ashamed!
14. Confusing your left with your right whilst driving really isn’t a good thing especially in the big ol’ city.
15. Love will find you eventually and when it does you will never want to let it go.
16. I may be a lil’ crazy, a lil’ clumsy, a lil’ ditzy, but at the end of the day that’s just ME.
17. It is always more rewarding to give than to receive.
18. True friends will always be there no matter what.
19. When you get a little confused or lost during a conversation just nod and smile and the other person will never know.
20. Life is for living not just existing.
21. We are all unique and it is this uniqueness that makes us all beautiful.
22. You are what you eat…no doubt about it!
23. Always wear in your shoes, because blisters seriously are not pretty…ouch!
24. It’s ok to be a dreamer because sometimes in life dreams do come true.
25. Try, try and try again!
Well I have to love you and leave you as I’m going out for a birthday meal and then being whisked away to London for the weekend…Whole Foods better be ready!
Have an awesome weekend everyone! x