In the nude…

by Jemma on August 8, 2011

in EATS!

Hello Everyone!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I spent most of mine relaxing and having some much needed down time preparing for the busy week ahead.

Shopping is always a great way to relax especially when a bargain is to be found.  I picked up these really pretty ballerina pumps in the Topshop sale yesterday reduced from £28 to £10

…cute huh?  These were the epitome of bargain shopping and I love the nude colouring as they will go with practically everything. I’ve got a bit of an obsession with nude shoes at the moment, especially sparkly patent ones…

…and smart, strappy Mary Jane court shoes…

…I hope nude shoes never go out of fashion as I just adore how versatile they are. :)

During my bargain hunt I also picked up some lovely high-waisted flared jeans from Topshop reduced from £42 to £10.

AND a one shoulder asymmetrical maxi dress with a pretty floral print from New Look reduced from £35 to £10.

My bargain shopping didn’t just stop there either it also extended to my local health food shop that was selling packs of Montezuma chocolate at half price!

I’ve already tried a few squares of the dark chocolate orange with geranium bar and it’s so good! I wasn’t sure what to expect with the geranium, but it tastes a little bit like Turkish Delight.

After all that shopping I needed some fuel and all my food was really tasty this weekend and some highlights included:

Two chopped pink lady apples with Dorset Cereals strawberry, rice milk and peanut butter.  I hadn’t had a bowl of cereal for a while and this tasted fab.  The addition of the chopped apples and peanut butter meant that I was full for hours afterwards and also ate my lunch much later too.

Yoghurt messes are one of my summer favourite breakfasts, after green smoothies of course! Plain soya yoghurt with some rhubarb and pear compote that I made the day before topped with buckwheaties and cacao nibs made the perfect speedy breakfast.  I didn’t put so much agave nectar in my compote like I normally do and quite enjoyed the tart zingy taste coming from the stewed rhubarb.

Lunches have been humungous salads.  My favourite from the past few days has to be this one that included a vegetable burger on top of a salad made from curly lettuce,  cougettes, carrots, tomatoes, steamed asparagus, walnuts and dehydrated edamame beans.  I marinated the edamame beans in soy sauce, ginger, and grated garlic and popped them in the dehydrator to raw cook them (if that makes sense!).

For the salad dressing I made up some of Angela’s Vegan Goddess Dressing, which was totally out of this world.  I did at one point start eating in from my blender with a spoon.  Yes, it is that good and reminded me a little of my own Creamy Avocado Dressing.

It’s been a while since I had cooked some dahl so the other night I made some vegetable dhal using red lentils, carrots, fennel, onions, courgette, mushrooms and some tomatoes.  I got a little experimental with the the spices too and added some star anise, bay leaves, turmeric, ground coriander, cardamom, cinnamon and hot madras powder.  All of the spices blended together really well.  I served the dhal with some Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages and some watercress…lovely!

I’ve also been enjoying some yummy frozen avocado cups with the added addition of raw macadamia butter and dehydrated blueberries and banana chips…

…and chopped pink lady apples with dates and peanut butter…

…simple but perfect!

I hope you all have a great week!

What is your latest fashion obsession?

What is the last bargain that you picked up?

What was the best ting that you ate this weekend?

movesnmunchies August 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM

lovee the shoes!! they opened a forever 21 in london so thats my newest obesh! cnt wait to go back and check it out!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Forever 21 is amazing! They have opened one up in Birmingham and I struggled to show any kind of restraint in there. :)

foodsweatandbeers August 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Ha, I bet you’re going to get a lot of hits on this post, everyone likes some NUDE!!

But also, those shoes are each cuter than the last. Alas, I have the feet of a 40 year old man (aka size 13 in womens shoes!) so if I ever find any shoes, I just grab em, very rarely do I even consider what they look like lol.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Haha! I’m sure you don’t have feet like a 40 year old man! :)

Ellie@fitforthesoul August 8, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Everything looks so cute girl!! And the ballerina shoes are too.adorable. <3

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Thanks you Ellie! :)

Alice @ bakenbeebz.blogspot.com August 8, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I love a good bargain. Im obsessed with nude shoes too! yours are gorgeous. I have the super high topshop nude platforms but one day I will have the original louboutins…. i can dream riiight.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Louboutins are my dream! :)

kristinerunningonhungry August 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Loving all of your finds! I miss TopShop! When I studied abroad in London we used to go to the Oxford Circus location allll the time and it was my favorite!

I recently picked up some workout clothes (Nike shorts and a New Balance shirt) for under $20 each! I love bargains! :)

And YUM all that food looks so good!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Topshop is great for a quick fashion fix. They have some really unique designs for such a great price too. It’s definitely one of my favourite shops. Do they not have Topshop in the US?

Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 8, 2011 at 10:05 PM

loved all of ur finds!! and all your food looks delish :) especially those avocado cups!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Avocado cups are amazing! :)

thequirkykitchen August 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM

fab bargains!!! love all the shoes! i currently love tights. Different colours, patterns, anything! i also love anything Kate Middleton wears – I have wardrobe envy!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Kate Middleton is stunning- very classic and elegant! :)

vegansunshine August 8, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Yum! Your food always looks incredible. Make me dinner? :)

Whitney

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Hahaha! Thank you hun! :)

sarah@onedayiwillseethesun August 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM

i love sale bargains! the last one i had was in camden market in london got loads of dresses for £15 each, my fav thing has been some sushi

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Camden market is great for some fab fashion finds.

Errign August 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Latest fashion obsession? Um, yoga pants? I’m not very stylish and I work at a shop that the dress code is jeans so… :)

Love huge salads and pink lady apples – yummm!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Pink lady apples are the best aren’t they! Yoga pants look so fab and I love the way that they can be dressed down and styled up. :D

vegan aphrodite August 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Oh no, now I have a huuuge macadamia nut butter-craving, but no macadamic nut butter on hand :( That stuff is too good!
I love your new profil picture- you look stunning!
And your new clothes and shoes too! I can never get enought dresses. Im such a girl when it come to clothes- I could use dresses all day every day for the rest of my life!
All your food looks delicious :) You are a lucky girl :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Thank you lovely! I love dresses too. theyare so pretty and feminine, which is strange as about 7 years ago I was aklways in jeans and trainers. :)

lactosefreelizzie August 8, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Omg i love your new buys! Especially that dress–its so gorg!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Thank you! I cannot wait for the sun to come back so I can wear it.

myyearoffood August 8, 2011 at 11:16 PM

WOW! you totally scored big with those shoes. the ones with the starburst-like tassle on the toe are my favs. :)

can’t wait to try the frozen avocado cups at home this week!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I love my shoes!!! The avocado cups taste amazing and so quick to make! I hope you like them. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I double took on that dorset cereal. I was sent from with the foodie blog swap and LOVE it!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I’m so glad that you are enjoying it!

Amanda @ Running with Spoons August 9, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Ooo girl I’m in LOVE with all your buys and your eats. Gorgeous and delicious :D Right now I’m kind of obsessed with short shorts with loose flowy tops and some crazy heels and accessories. Gonna be sad when the cold weather rolls in :(

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I’m not looking forward to the colder weather either, but the new fall collections do look pretty amazing. :)

IHeartVegetables August 9, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I LOVE that one shoulder dress! Sundresses have been my summer obsession lately! They’re so easy to just throw on and I’m out the door!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM

That’s so true. Summer dresss are perfect for that quick fashion fix and they are so easy to wear. :)

Rachel August 9, 2011 at 2:58 AM

your photos are fantastic! as is bargain shopping :-) Best thing I ate this weekend? probably strawberries & coconut cream.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Thanks! I love strawberries and coconut together…yum!!!

Lenna (veganlenna) August 9, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Those shoes are amazing, I love shoes, I have more than 30 pairs :) (But I usually wear just two or three pairs :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I’m glad I’m not the only shoe addict out there. :)

Laura Agar Wilson August 9, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Wow you got some beautiful bargains there! Well done! I have several fashion obsessions at the moment – all more suited to the autumn season, I can’t wait to shop the fall collections!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I’m loving some of the claret and deep olive colours for new fall collections. I’m really excited to shop for the new season too. :)

Sweet Potato Sarah August 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Love that maxi dress! So pretty :)
I really need to start making more curry, it’s so easy and delicious thanks for reminding me.
What kind of veggie burger did you put on your salad? I recently tried a spicy mexican style one and it was really good!

Laura @ box run eat August 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Wow nice bargain hunting! I love the first pair of shoes especially!

allthingswholesome August 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM

wow all of the food looks gorgeous, i especially love Dorset cereals :D me and mum are always eating them hehe.
I love the topshop shoes and £10 whaaaaaat a bargain thats impressive. I saw a lovely pair of flats in topshop today in the sale for £30 and the last pair i wanted them so much.

I hope you have a wonderful day.xx