WIAW…Curry-tastic!

by Jemma Andrew-Adiamah on December 21, 2011

in WIAW

Only 4 days left ‘till Christmas…excited much?!  This is by far my favourite time of year so I can’t freaking wait!!

wiawbutton

This week I will be sharing my eats and treats of yesterday as I think they are pretty tasty.  I’ve been really bad with my camera recently and have just been using the camera on my phone as it’s always to hand.  So this weeks WIAW pictures are courtesy of Instagram, which is fast becoming my best friend!

Yesterday morning I headed to the gym to do an extra cardio workout in my normal weekly routine.  Since it now officially the Christmas holidays at uni the gym have decided to suspend the Body Pump classes until the 10th January, which is really bad timing as Body Pump 80 has just been released!  It’s been 2 weeks now without Body Pump and I think I am having withdrawal symptoms already.

Instead I did a 5K HITTs treadmill run plus 10 minutes of intervals on the bike and the cross trainer and abs and core work.  This really got me all sweaty and made up for the suspended Body Pump classes.

I was super hungry after all of that cardio so I made up a bowl of Nature’s Path Optimum blueberry and cinnamon cereal with two sliced pink lady apples and soya yoghurt mixed with peanut flour.

I just love this cereal so much…so delicious!

Before lunch I was packaging some of my foodie Christmas gifts into their bags and couldn’t help but having a bite of my Marbled Chocolate Bark…yum!

DSCF2120

For lunch I was craving a huge plate of veggies so I made a huge beast of a salad…

This included little gem lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, raw chestnut mushrooms (new obsession!), basil tofu, dried cranberries, cashew nuts with a drizzle of strawberry and balsamic vinegar that I received in my Secret Santa.  This really hit my veggie craving and the strawberry balsamic vinegar is divine!

Another veggie craving hit for dinner too!  I made a Thai green curry from a store bought paste that I had in the cupboard with some aubergine, French beans and hispi cabbage.  I served it with steamed broccoli and brown rice.  I think Thai green curry has to be one of my favourites I just love how creamy it is and how great the vegetables taste. IMG_0863

For dessert I snacked on some dates and clementines- just love these at the moment!

Do you have a favourite curry that you just love?

Are you all prepared for Christmas yet?  I just have a few presents to wrap and some baking to do and then I’m all done…yay!

Lyn @ FueledBySalad December 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Loving all of your eats! I love balsamic vinegar, and STRAWBERRY balsamic vinegar sounds even better. Mm. Your salad beast looks so good.

brokencookiesdontcount December 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM

The chocolate bark looks so good. I was craving chocolate last night…fortunately there was None to be found in the house or I would have been in trouble!

Laura Agar Wilson December 21, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I love Thai Green Curry too, in fact I’m planning on having it for my dinner tonight ;-) Gotta love Instagram! x

Maria December 21, 2011 at 2:59 PM

That chocolate bark looks so yummy :)
I am pretty much ready for Christmas, a little more baking/ cooking and wrapping but nothing taxing at all :)

Sarah(everydaysapicnic) December 21, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I’m wrapping all my presents tonight, and then I think I’m nearly all prepared.
My favourite curry is the vegetable one that my Dad makes. If I go out for Indian food I nearly always have a tandoori.

Liz @ Southern Charm December 21, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Ohh that strawberry basalmic vinegar sounds amazing!!

I’m all set for Christmas, except I have to make some treats for my friends for Friday night. So ready for Christmas to get here!

LilyLipstick December 21, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Your Thai green curry looks so good, I’ve never tried it before. I still haven’t wrapped any of my presents..Christmas has come around so fast this year! x

Sara @my less serious life December 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM

my gym stopped all their classes (including my regular love (like you), body pump) until the 10th. luckily i can attend my parents’ gym for free but i completely understand the body pump withdrawal. it is NO good!

eatinglikeahorse December 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I’m not surpised you couldn’t resist that bark – but I know I wouldn’t have been able to stop at one bite!
I can’t believe it’s so close now – I’m almost done but I never really feel ready and I’m working till the end of Friday so I don’t reckon I’ll feel it till Christmas Eve… very exciting :-)

Kate December 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I have one more present to buy for my mom and then I’m all done with shopping! I need to go grocery shopping too. I’m dreading it- the grocery stores are packed!

Chocolate Covered Sneakers December 22, 2011 at 3:21 AM

that salad is to die for!! it seriously looks amazing!
i’m so glad i found your blog! I’d love it if you’d check out my new blog!
chocolatecoveredsneakers.wordpress.com

daisychain December 22, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I am SO ready for Christmas, all that’s left is for me to finish work!

Tamizn December 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Hmmmmmm no way prepared! Thai green curry for sure : )

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I love it too!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Wow! You are super organised! Have a fab Christmas!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love new readers! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I don’t think I can go 4 weeks without it!!! :(

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM

It has- I really don’t know where the year has gone.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM

The vinegar is a real find!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I don’t think I have ever had a Tandoori before.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So happy to hear that you are feeling better! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Instagram is a life saver. :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Yes there is temptation everywhere this time of year. ;)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 22, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Thank you! The vinegar is divine!

Sarah - feeedingbrainandbody December 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Yumm, that marble chocolate bark looks great! And so does everything else of course :) Fantastic eats :)

IHeartVegetables December 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I’m excited too!!!! I’m flying homw today (at the airport now actually) and then I’ll finish up my shopping tomorrow. I couldn’t buy too much ahead of time, because I didn’t have much room in my suitcase! haha