Hello folks! I hope you all had a great weekend!
The lovely Laura tagged me in the latest survey doing the rounds in blog land. I do love a good survey and have really been enjoying reading everyone’s 11 things posts.
The rules state that you must…
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
So on to the 11 facts about me…
1. I have a scar on my forehead that was caused by my love of speed. A tricycle was involved, a 3 year old me, and my head hitting the garden path as I was propelled over the handle bars of my beloved tricycle.
A speed demon even at 3, ‘cos that’s how I roll!
2. I love to read! I’ve always been a huge book worm and could easily read 3 books in a week. I cannot wait to finish my PhD just so I can pick up a book that isn’t neuroscience related and not feel guilty.
3. I’ve always been a fussy eater. At one point I refused to eat floppy toast and actually used to do the “floppy toast test.” Beans on toast has always been beans WITH toast to stop the toast going all soggy…eugh!
4. According to my mum I used to throw my food at people as a toddler when I was having a tantrum. I refuse to believe her- me a diva- NEVER!
5. In my life time I have thrown up on 3 people: my best friend at primary school, a random old guy on the bus and on my Granddad’s head. Something that I’m not proud of and each occasion is still tattooed in my mind.
6. I’m a 5th grade trained piano player- well may be grade 0 right now as I haven’t played a note in years.
7. My current obsession is scented candles. I just love how relaxed they make you feel after a long day at work.
8. For as long as I can remember I have always looked forward to everything that comes with getting older such as setting up home and getting married. So right now I’m having the time of my life!
9. My life time motto is…
10. I have a horrible habit of presuming things. It has gotten me in trouble at work and at home and I never seem to learn.
11. From the age of 14-16 I had to wear braces on my teeth, train tracks- the whole shebang! I loved them though as 2 of my best friends had them too and we thought we were pretty cool.
To answer Laura’s questions…
1. What is your dream travel destination?
Cocobay in Antigua or the Dominican Republic where my Dad’s family are from.
2. If you were throwing a party for yourself what would be your theme?
A Smurf party as my car is Smurf blue so I’m already on to a winner.
3. Favourite TV show?
This is a toughie. I do love period dramas so Downton Abbey is right up my street, but I’m a girly girly and Sex and the City wins hands down!
4. How would you describe your taste in music?
Totally eclectic! I love everything from jazz, indie, dance, classical, hip hop, r n’b, soul, dance hall and reggae.
5. If they made a film of your life, which actress would play you?
Oooooh! Halle Berry just because she’s absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn’t mind looking like her.
6. If you could have any super power what would it be?
Astro-projection- sometimes I need to be in 2 places at once and this would really save me some of the rushing around that I have to do.
7. Tea or Coffee?
Most definitely TEA!
8. Sum yourself up in 5 words…
Girly, crazy, laid back, loyal, caring.
9. If you could go back in time, which time period would you visit?
The roaring 20’s! I love the glamour and all of those vintage and beautiful flapper dresses ever since reading The Great Gatsby. Although the Fourties/Fifties would be a close second.
10. Who would be invited to your dream dinner party?
Salvador Dali, Coco Chanel, Johnny Depp, Audrey Hepburn, Bob Marley, Da Vinci, Freud and Marilyn Monroe would make for a very interesting dinner party.
11. Name one thing that you collect…
I used to collect stamps, but I have a huge collection of Beanie Babies that need to go to good homes.
Now for my 11 questions for you!
1. What is your favourite movie of all time?
2. If you knew that the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you cook for your last meal?
3. What is your earliest memory?
4. Cupcakes or cookies?
5. What is your biggest pet hate?
6. Autumn, Winter, Spring or Summer?
7. If you could be reincarnated as an animal, which animal would you be…
8. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
9. What would the title of your autobiography be?
10. If you were given 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
11. They say that you learn something new everyday so what did you learn today?
I’m going to tag…
Of course if you would like to take part and haven’t been tagged yet, well consider yourself tagged!
Answer any of my questions above!