Sunday Catch Up: stocking up

by Jemma on May 6, 2012

in EATS!

Hi everyone!  I hope you have all enjoyed your weekends.

Thank you for all of your very helpful comments on my last post about mascaras and makeup brushes.  I will be definitely checking them all out in the next 6 months leading up to the big day. Open-mouthed smile

So this week I have been getting over a cold, but have really been trying to make an effort with my food.  Usually when I am ill I just cannot be bothered, but I think the thought of eating delicious food has really helped me along this week.

There has been so much deliciousness that I have picked my favourites and shared them all below:

DSCF9423

Carrot and Lentil Soup with raw crackers

Chopped pineapple, grapes, hemp milk with berry spelt puffs for  breakfast

My Carrot Cake Bulgar Wheat Batter.  I have a recipe for Carrot Cake Oats somewhere  which I nased this recipe on but cannot seem to find the link. It included cooked bulgar wheat, hemp milk, water, a grated carrot, cinnamon, desiccated coconut, raisins, walnuts and maple syrup…yum!

Inspired by Laura, salted pretzels with a chopped apple, strawberries and white chocolate wonderful.

Baked aubergine, courgettes, mushrooms and a sweet potato in a passata sauce and grated vegan cheese.

A basic green smoothie made using a banana, spinach, hemp milk and water with some muesli.

A layered salad ate at my desk: mixed salad leaves, kidney beans, bulgar wheat, tomatoes, cucumber and pineapple.  So fresh and tasty!

A toasted hot cross bun with vegan butter and jam with a chopped apple and strawberries.

Vegan cinnamon and nutmeg dark chocolate with the new Tin Tin movie and a manicure for a bit of a mid week pampering session.  And don’t knock Tin Tin, the kid in me loved it! Open-mouthed smile

This week I took an extra rest day at the begging of the week and have been taking it pretty easy with my usual workouts.  I am feeling 100% better though so it will back to normal next week and hitting the gym hard.  I cannot wait!  I did go on a lovely run this morning at it was really lovely out even though a tad cold.

On another note, I picked up these amazing milks in Asda all for a pound.  I have almost finished my hemp milk stash that I picked up at Tescos when it was on offer.  I really love to bulk buy when things on offer, usually in excess.  I find it works as a it of a money saver in the long run and these milks are really lovely.

Alfie even bulk bought some Tempeh for me yesterday from the health food shop whilst I was at work.  I cannot wait to get marinating and baking it!

Well I’m off to enjoy some vegetarian enchilada cooked my my lovely hubby to be, watch a movie and then take a leaf out of Laura’s book and have a bit of a pampering session with this lot to see out the week:

Liz Earle face exfoliator, Liz Earle face mask, Lush Coco Lotion and L’Occitane en Provence peony shower gel.

What have you been up to this weekend?

Do you like to bulk buy food when it is on offer?

Have you watched the Tin Tin movie?

Lara May 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Oooh I love the Almond milk and have it in my tea and coffee, it froths up a right treat for my caramel rooibos latte’s :-)

eatinglikeahorse May 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM

When I saw the soup, I was going to comment on how nice it looked – but then every picture looked just as delicious! I love carrot porridge, the fruit, pretzels and White Chocolate Wonderful sounds fab and that aubergine bake looks so good.
I like stocking up on bargains, even though it means my cupboards get a bit jammed – those 2kg bags of oats take up a lot of room :-)

Lauren (@poweredbypb) May 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Nice bargains on the milks! I try to stock up when things are on offer as you can save so much money that way. I think if it’s something I use quite regularly then it’s so worthwhile to bulk buy.

Errign May 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I definitely enjoy stocking up on things when they’re on sale – worth it then!

athleticali May 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

One of my flatmates is the spitting image of tintin. It’s so funny, I didn’t think someone could look like a cartoon before I saw the stills from the film!

I’ve only made carrot cake oats once, but I remember them being really good :)

IHeartVegetables May 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I hope all of that vitamin C kicks your cold to the curb!!!

I can’t really buy bulk food, because with 2 other roommates, our fridge and pantry are pretty packed!

sarah (onedayiwillseethesun) May 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM

i Love buying food in bulk, I always look for the cheapest place to buy things. Hope your cold goes away soon.

Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) May 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Glad your feeling better, sounds like a pamper evening is just what you need! Hope you liked the pretzels! seeing them makes me want them right now! I still have a few cartons of milk but I can’t help stocking up when they are cheap, great deals!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM

The pretzels were amazing. I am now addicted!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

It has all gone now thank you!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I can imagine that it could get a little hectic with packed cupboards like that.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hehehe! I love finding resemblances like that.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Oh definitely!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I totally agree, so worth it!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM

It’s lovely isn’t it!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Thank you! I know what you mean. My cupboards are rammed! :D

Maria May 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up- I stocked up when they were £1 at Waitrose but my store is running low now! I like to get things like that when they are on offer as they last in the cupboard anyway (or in my living room as I have not enough space in my kitchen!). I thought Tin Tin was a great film (I never saw the cartoons when I was little)- it had an Indianna Jones vibe I thought.