The week that was…full of my favourite things

by Jemma Andrew-Adiamah on June 1, 2012

in The week that was...

This week has been simply fabulous and full of so many of my favourite things:

Still on a smoothie high this week!  This one contained a banana, pineapple, strawberries, Frutein powder and little gem lettuce, ice, Kara coconut milk…yum!

My first ever vanilla Frappuccino! These thing are incredible and I can feel an addiction coming on!

Beauty freebies!   When I had my makeup done on the benefit counter a few weeks ago the makeup artist used the POREfessional pore minimiser and That Gal primer on my face.  I really liked the end result and really would love to use them both for my wedding day makeup, but they are a bit pricey to buy together.

When I saw that both were available free in the 7.5ml sample sizes with Glamour magazine I had to snapped them up.  Well POREfessional anyway, That Gal seems to be like gold dust, but I’m sure that I can hunt it down. Open-mouthed smile

Fruity desserts have been my thing this week:

Fresh apricots, strawberries and mango with salted almonds

Huge blueberries, cherries, soy yoghurt with honey

Strawberries, raspberries, cherries with tofu cream and crunchy peanut butter

I have wanted to make Seitan for so long and in my last iHerb order I made sure that it contained some vital wheat gluten so that I could make it.  I adapted this recipe two recipes this one and this one, and combined them. It tastes so good that I cannot believe that it has taken so long to try it out.

A tasty new box of cereal to try out!  I have seen these on blogs for ages and have really wanted to try them.  I decided to treat myself to a box and boy I have been missing out.  They are amazing!

Sweet and salty overnight oats is always a winner! Open-mouthed smile

I had so much fun shopping at Bicester Village the other day.  We picked up some amazing shoes for my gorgeous bridesmaids and managed to get one of their dresses too. Open-mouthed smile

Whilst shopping I picked up these pretty floral pieces from Cath Kidston.  I desperately needed a makeup bag for my handbag as I was tired of rummaging through it looking for my lip gloss!  I also loved these oven mitts just because they are so pretty and I got them at a super discounted price too.

I also loved spending time with Alfie and posting my very first vlog!  I actually recorded another one yesterday so look out for that as it’s coming your way soon!

What have you been loving this week?

What do you have planned for the weekend?

Maria June 1, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Glad you have had such a great week :) I had some blueberries last week that were enormous too- more like little cherries!
I have been loving the warm weather, and am hoping it stays nice for the weekend.

LilyLipstick June 1, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Sounds like a great week! Your fruity desserts look so good – perfect in the hot weather we’ve been having (until now by the looks of it). The Benefit freebies are great, I couldn’t resist getting them all! x

Jentry Nielsen June 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Those oven mitts are so adorable! I love them! And those shoes…gorgeous! Great finds! :)
I get to go home and see my family this weekend! I cannot wait! :) Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Lauren (@poweredbypb) June 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Looks like a great week! I’m loving smoothies right now! Not sure about the weekend yet, as I think the weather isn’t supposed to be great :( I think I will be getting out and exploring more of Dublin though, doing some touristy things probably!

Laura@keepinghealthygettingstylish June 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Sounds like a lovely week!

aflourishingfoodie June 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I love all your fruit dessert. So good, espicially in the summer! The shoes you picked out are so cute. Glad you’ve had a good week!

Sweet Potato Sarah June 1, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Those bridesmaids shows are gorgeous :)
I haven’t had a frappucino for ages and ages but Eric and i met in Starbucks when he was a barista and he gave me a free one, hehe :D

elise June 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

sweet and salty is such a winning combo…pretzels in oats!! i love it. and salty almonds w fruit!!
glad your seitan was a hit. that other recipe for stuffed baked seitan looks awesome…ill have to give it a shot soon. thanks for the link love. :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Your welcome! I love your seitan recipe! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Awww that is such a cute story!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Thank you! I love those shoes!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

It was fab thank you! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I hope you are enjoying time with your family! D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I am all over the Benefit freebies, although I still cannot find That Gal! :(

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

The weather has been amazing but it has turned very cloudy down here this weekend.

Tessa@AmazingAsset (@Tessa8m) June 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

So glad you had an enjoyable week! That is just the best feeling :) And I loveee those shoes, but if I wore them I would be about 6’3″ lol… I will just have to live vicariously through you ha

Katie Coopersmith June 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

That all looks so nummy! Will definitely have to try the seitan recipe :)