The week that was…all about the future!

by Jemma on June 22, 2012

in The week that was...

This week really has been another great one for me. I seem to be saying that a lot lately, but everything seems to be going in the right direction. I’m just loving life right now!

I went on a mini shopping spree on Sunday and stocked up on some basics like vest tops, tights and leggings, which I desperately needed. I always seem to forget my basic items when I go clothes shopping and seem to just focus on the fashion side of things.

I am crazy over this new vest top. It’s in a racer back style and has lovely braided detailing around the neckline and the straps on the back. It was a steal from H&M for £5!!!!

The sun decided to make an appearance and the temperatures were up again this week. I had given up on summer. Although it hasn’t been blazing hot as there has been lots of cloud around too, it has been nice to see the sun again though.

Working from home in the beginning of the week meant that I got to sit outside and work in the sun for a few hours before the clouds started to drift in overhead.

Food loving from this week include my bakes from the weekend:

Cherry Bakewell Oat Slices

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cake, which I forgot to mention, is also vegan. I know a few of you have requested the recipe, but I will be posting the recipe very soon so watch this space.

Also…

Oats made on the hob! It’s such a treat I the week to have oats cooked on the hob as they do take longer than microwaved oats.

This was made form oats, water, almond milk, cherries, banana, vanilla stevia and salted pretzels, yum!

I have been loving Calprese style salads recently…

The basics of a Calprese salad consist of buffalo mozzarella, basil and tomatoes.  I made my own variation this week which also included little gem lettuce, chickpeas and red pesto.  So tasty!!!

Remember my cinnamon and vanilla socca fail at the weekend? Well the other night I had a socca success using the same recipe.

I made a mini cinnamon and vanilla socca loaded with dark chocolate dreams and fresh strawberries for dessert, yum!

Bargain fruit from the green grocers- cherries are still 39p per 100g and I picked some beautiful South African blushing pears as well as apricots, blueberries, strawberries, pink lady apples, a melon, cherries and bananas.

I love a good bargain especially where fruit and veggies are involved!

Our wedding invitation samples also arrived from a lovely letter press company. We love letter press invitations as they really fit the vintage look that we are going after for our big day, but they can be expensive. Whilst searching on the web I came across Strawberry Sorbet and thought their prices were pretty reasonable. I requested some samples in 3 of the designs I like. Alfie is going to cast his thoughts tomorrow. I hope he likes them as we need to get our invites sorted soon as we never sent out Save the Dates.

Also I posted another vlog about my skincare routine and that much closer to finishing my thesis.   It has been great thinking about my future plans this week, it has me so excited!

Do you prefer microwaved oats or oats cooked on the hob?

Are you like me where buying wardrobe basics are concerned?

What are you up to this weekend?

Lauren (@poweredbypb) June 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I can’t stand microwaved oats, actually I can’t stand using the microwave in general, nuked food is not a winner for me! I love making them on the stove top, they taste so much better! Looks like the weather was pretty nice for you this week, it’s been horrendous in Dublin, rainy, wet and cold all week :( Love the invites!

Lisa @ The Raw Serenity June 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM

After knowing how harmful the microwave is, I don’t use it anymore and the stove top doesn’t take that much longer really.
Though I have never seen pretzels in oats before! Hahaha something different to try.
Happy Friday x

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Oh you should try it, great if you like sweet and salty things!

Melissa (Better Fit) June 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I think I’m probably slow on the uptake, but it looks like you’ve updated some things on your site and it looks great! Great new profile pic!

Those invites are so pretty! Definitely fitting with a vintage theme!

I am terrible with buying clothing staples. I usually wear them a little longer than I should :~

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yeah I have been playing around a little on the blog :D

IHeartVegetables June 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Haha I’m bad about buying basics, but it’s funny because when you do, it’s like suddenly your wardrobe is unlocked, and you suddenly have a million more mix and match options! I just bought a pair of black flats (like how did I not have any?!) and now it’s like my closet just expanded exponentially!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I know what yopu mean, you suddenly have so many more options. :D

Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) June 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I definitely prefer cooking my oats on the stove, so much better! Glad you’ve had a good week!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Thanks! They are wayyy better that way.

eatinglikeahorse June 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM

So much lovely food; I can’t decide what looks best! I like the vest – I got a couple from Tesco this week because I always forget that sort of thing too – and I definitely prefer porridge cooked on the hob, it’s so much creamier… less chance of it exploding everywhere too – or is that just me? :-)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Glad I’m not the onl one that forgets abouthteir basics! :D

runningcupcake June 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Porridge is nicer on the hob but I only do that if the microwave is not working! But if I soak the oats overnight first in the fridge I find it goes nice and creamy in the microwave anyway. Those invites are lovely :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I much prefer it on the hob too, I just wish I had more time to make it this way all of the time.

Love Live & Learn June 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Glad you’ve had such a great week, you’re invites look lovely! Your food looks pretty good too and I really like your top :-)

Ffion @ Chocolate and Rapsberiies June 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I’m actually hoping to set up my own letterpress design company in the next couple of years, I already have the printer, but need to get it fixed before I can start properly! Too bad it won’t be in time for your wedding or I could of helped you out!

{ 1 trackback }