WIAW: 7 of 7

by Jemma on June 27, 2012

in EATS!, WIAW

Happy WIAW!  I hope all of your weeks are going well- we are half way through already!  Yay!

I have just finished a 7 day stretch at work with no day off.  I’m exhausted to say the least, but with so much to do I just seem to be constantly on the go at the minute.

Day 7 of 7 OOTD: vest top: H&M, cardigan: Matalan, wide legged trousers: Primark, Wedged pumps: Primark, waist belt: Primark, statement necklace: French Connection.  Dark circles and bags under the eye: models own.

Peas and Crayons

For this week’s WIAW I want to go over the usual Monday’s eats, if you don’t mind…

After a 5 am wake up call and dropping Alfie up at the train station so he could make his way back to work I headed out for a 4.5 mile run in the morning sun.  It was such a beautiful morning in and the sun was shining bright.  I thought a lovely summers day was ahead, but the sky soon tuned grey and it started to rain later.  I was kind of glad to be stuck at work by that point

When I got home and ready for work I fixed breakfast.  I had took two slices of  my Cinnamon Fruit and Nut Quick Bread out of the freezer to defrost a little and toasted them when I got back.

A huge mug of peppermint tea and a bowl of cherries made the perfect Monday morning breakfast.

Later at work I snacked on one of the blushing pears that I picked up at the green grocers last week.  They are super sweet and delicious!

For breakfast I had one of my usual huge salads…

This one included curly lettuce, cucumber, baby sweet peppers, red kidney beans and steamed green beans. I also made a quick honey and mustard dressing with lime juice and mixed herbs, a-meh-zing!

I also had some salt and vinegar rice cakes too…

In the afternoon I was feeling a bit peckish so I wolfed down some raw carrots dipped in some almond butter- such a great snack!

As soon as I got in from work I raided the fridge for dinner…

I made a random concoction of broccoli, aubergine, onion, spinach and mushrooms in a tomato sauce with plantains and brown rice.  This tasted surprisingly good considering no real thought went into it.

Soon later I was in the kitchen again for dessert and had a chopped apple and strawberries with an Alpro Soya caramel pudding for dinner.

Today I still work up at 6am and headed to the gym, running some errands and treated myself in the sales.  Next up is proof reading the first half of my thesis and a much needed trip to the green grocer, my fruit bowl is empty!  Although it still sounds like a busy day these are things that I can do at my own pace rather than the time demands that I usually have to cope with at work.

What is the longest time that you have gone without a day off from work? What did you do with your day off when it finally came around?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lucie Elizabeth (@CollectingLight) June 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I love blushing pears, they are so so so juicy! I just came away from Waitrose with two packs of them, cant wait to tuck in =]

Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) June 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Wow – dinner looks great to me! I never buy plantains; I guess I never think of them.

Bec June 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Your dinner and lunch look perfectly wonderful :)

Kat @ a dash of fairydust June 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I’ve heard of that pudding & apple combo pretty often lately,is it really that good? If yes,I should consider to give it a try maybe… :)

Laura@keepinghealthygettingstylish June 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I think my longest stint when I was at uni was probably 3 weeks :-( not good. Love carrots and nut butter for a snack!

Nicole Marie Story June 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Hello! Even during my days in corporate america, I never took off. I held a grand sales job for eight years, so the more that I worked on the weekend, the more ahead of the other reps I could get by Monday morning. Competitive Freak, I am!

Oh, yes, I did meet an Englishman on match.com in 2007. He flew here, we met in New York, and we proceeded to take a 7-day cruise in the Caribbean. I left my mobile charger in the New York hotel room (damnit), so I was disconnected for seven days!!! That was near torture, but the rest was nice, at the end of the day. :D

I had to look up “aubergine” because this unknown object looked so delicious on your dinner. I would absolutely love that dish!!!

daisychain June 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I always used to have Tuesdays as my day off but I work every day now :( It does make me appreciate the weekends all the more!

Tamzin June 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I remember doing a ten day stretch when I worked for orange once it was hell! x x

LilyLipstick June 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Your eats look lovely as always! I once did a 9 day stint in my old job, I was so exhausted by the end of it but it felt like a bit of an achievement, haha. x

runningcupcake June 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Oh dear you must be exhausted- enjoy your rest. Officially I only work 5 days in a row, but there are times when I have to work, albeit at home, for Saturday and SUnday too, and that is hard because then you end up going for 12 days straight which gets a bit crazy! Luckily that does not happen too often though.

Lisa @ The Raw Serenity June 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Hey gorgeous!
7 days in a row, that’s a bit rough!
Your eats look yummy :)
x

Lauren (@poweredbypb) June 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I hate busy weeks like that! I think I went about 2 weeks+ once without a day off! Rough! All you want to do is just chill on your day off.

everydayvegangirl June 28, 2012 at 4:02 AM

I had plantains for the first time a few weeks ago and loved them…yours look great! How do you cook them?

Jess Chen June 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

carrots and almond butter… I definitely need to try that combination!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

They are so pretty and deliciously sweet!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

The are really tasty!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Thank you!¬ :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

h it’s wonderful. It reminds me of toffee apples almost. :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Ouch that is a long stint, but I guess it was all worth it in the end! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hahaha! I guess that is the UK/USA language barrier. I think you call them egg plants. :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Got to love the weekends! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I feel your pain, not good!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hehehe! Yes I feel quite proud that I made it through to the end. :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

12 days must be hard to cope with, but luckily it’s not a regular thing for you!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Hello love! It was but somehow I managed it! :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

2 weeks…wow! Yes all I wanted to do was rest on my day off. :D

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I love them! I usually pan fry them or grill them.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I think you would love it!