Cake, Cookies and Bikes

by Jemma on August 12, 2012

in EATS!

Hey guys!  I hope you are all enjoying your weekends.  Other than working yesterday I haven’t really been up to much and have just been pottering about the house.

Alfie and I did leave the house at one point today though and went for a lovely bike ride. We went up some massive hills and having that wind in your hair feeling when going down the hills felt so rewarding after the hard slog of getting up them.  It was nice getting outdoors and enjoying the warm weather.

This weeks workouts looked like this:

Monday:  3 mile run and 3 x 12 stomach crunches, lunges, squats and chest presses

Tuesday:  a variation of strength workout A plus 20 minutes of HIITs on the cross trainer and bike.

Wednesday: REST

Thursday:  Body Balance

Friday:  a variation of strength workout B plus 20 minutes of HIITs on the cross trainer.

Saturday: REST

Sunday: Bike ride

I’ve really been enjoying some fabulous eats the past couple of days too:

Ice cold banana and peanut butter smoothie

Brown rice calprese salad with mozzarella, steamed broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, basil and green pesto.

My work mate brought these triple chocolate muffins in to treat us all and they tasted amazing, definitely the perfect afternoon pick me up!

Salmon fish cake with a salad with romaine lettuce, beet root, tomatoes, spring onions and cucumber with corn on the cob.

Raspberry and coconut “ice cream” with honey seeds and raw chocolate covered goji berries.

Gallons of ice cold water and pink lady apples, I just cannot seem to get enough of pink ladies!

Mixed salad topped with chunky hummus.

I took some time out in the kitchen and baked some Mini Dark Chocolate Chunk and Peanut Cookies.  I’ve already had 2 of these and they taste incredible.  A special batch for Alfie was also made using white chocolate too.  Of course the recipe will be coming your way soon.

This weekend was definitely full of ore sugar than usual as an un-pictured ice cream was also consumed on the bike ride.  Its not the calories that bothers me as all of the food tasted amazing,but more the way too much sugar makes me feel.  I am definitely feeling a veggie mountain for dinner and lots of green smoothies in the next few days to get my body feeling back to normal.

Being on the bikes this afternoon reminded me on my childhood as I was always out on mike bike with my friends.  It really was a fun!  I’m off to spend some chill out time on the sofa with Alfie and watch a movie and the Olympics’ closing ceremony.

Do you like going for bike rides?  What did you get up to this weekend?

LilyLipstick August 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Those cookies look amazing. I love Pink Ladies too, definitely the best apples! x

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

They so are!

supersunshine90 August 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I have just recently got into cycling again and last weekend I went to buy myself a basket for my bike and a proper lock. Having said that I haven’t been on my bike at all this week! But I do love the feeling of the wind in my hair and the speed at which you get places compared to walking.
Ahhh..pink ladies are my FAVOURITE apples, they are so sweet and crunchy and delicious..nom nom nom. Also love the look of your brown rice calprese salad, you are very creative when it comes to food.
Have a lovely week ;D

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I think the wind in your hair is the best part!

Live Learn Eat August 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

The triple chocolate muffins and the coconut ice cream stuff look delicious! Pink Ladies are such good apples :) I haven’t had them in a while, since I’ve been buying the bags (they’re a better deal) vs. individual apples, but I do love them when I get them! And those golden ones – not the golden delicious (though those are good, too) but the golden ones with the light brown roughness on their skin…I’m not sure what they’re called, but they’re so good! I had them on a farm in New Hampshire several years ago and still haven’t forgotten about them!

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

It’s amazing how many different varieties of apples there are, I love them!

Rebecca Gillies August 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I love bike riding too. I don’t have a bike anymore but sometimes I really wish I did. It always reminds me of summer as a kid. I love apples at the moment too! Those cookies look fantastic – cant wait for the recipe :)

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think apples make the most delicious snacks.

Lauren August 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I love bike riding, one of my favourite things to do on a nice weekend is go out on a bike ride with the man! I’m loving pink ladies at the moment too.

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Pink lady’s are the best, love them!

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

They are the best apples, love them!

The Raw Serenity August 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I would love to ride, but unfortunately I don’t have a bike :( .
You make me want one now though! X

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Riding is fun, sorry that you don’t have a bike!

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Sorry you don’t have a bike to enjoy!

Maria @ runningcupcake August 13, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I used to love riding when I was younger, but the roads seem so much busier now that it really puts me off. I have not ridden my bike for a couple of years. Although sometimes on holiday we hire bikes (San Francisco was a fab place to do that as it was all bike paths and no roads)- that is always a lovely way to see a new place.
I have been mostly walking up mountains this weekend, so now resting my legs whilst watching the closing ceremony (they are not showing it live in Canada so I have seen who will be on it on facebook already haha!). Enjoy :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM

The closing ceremony was great wasn’t it! I stayed up late watching it and regretting it now at work.

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Ahh the joys of Facebook on keeping you up to date :D

Eleanor@eatinglikeahorse August 13, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Cycling yesterday was brilliant wasn’t it, I could have gone on for miles!
Those cookies look fab, they look just the right texture – and chocolate chunks are always better than chocolate drops :-)

Jemma Andrew August 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM

They really are lovely and I agree about chocolate chunks being better than chips :)