Who is glad that it’s Friday already?!
I’ve a really great week as since I’m still waiting for my corrections from my second supervisor I have actually been able to use my days off from work as real days off. They have mainly been spent wedding planning with an awesome meeting with our wedding coordinator on Monday. In addition to that, yesterday I went shopping with my soon to be mother-in-law for her outfit for the wedding with my soon to be sister-in-law and Alfie’s mums best friend in tow too.
We had so much fun! Actually finding a dress and a jacket was pretty straight forwards as she had already looked around the shops the day before with her best friend to see what was about and had picked something out. The difficult job was trying to find shoes and a matching bag. I kid you not we were trawling the shops for at least 3 hours looking for a matching bag and shoes in a dark charcoal grey colour. We finally hunted down the only charcoal pair of shoes and clutch bag in the entire shopping center. Yayyy! Mission accomplished!
I was definitely exhausted after all of that shopping, but what it made me realise is how welcome I feel in Alfie’s family. Over the seven years I have spent numerous Christmas’s with them and other family events and have never felt like an outsider or the enemy. In fact I already feel like one of the family so I already know that I have no worries there, which I guess is a huge relief to any bride to be marrying into another family.
My favourite eats from the week:
1. Clearspring Tamari and Black Sesame Seed rice cakes with a salad containing mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, avocado, red onion and chickpeas.
2. Chopped fresh pineapple and peaches with sultanas in coconut milk
3. A mini Red Thai Curry Falafel Burger, recipe to come!
4. Another delish salad of mixed salad leaves chickpeas, celery, cucumber, beets and roasted butternut squash.
5. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure. I picked up these bargain Nakd bars up at a newsagent near my work place. They are obviously not as popular as the chocolate bars as they were all reduced to 40p but still in date, so I bought them all!
6. A baked Bushbok sweet potato with steamed eggs and stir fried asparagus and baby corn.
7. Getting ready for autumn with a super creamy squash and peanut butter smoothie.
8. Fresh figs with a Cherry and Oat Breakfast Muffin and coconut yoghurt.
9. More coconut yoghurt with fresh strawberries, goji berries and Honey seeds.
So overall it has been a really fantastic week packed full of fun things and food. I’m so happy that now both our mum’s have their outfits sorted. It has been a mission and a half but they are both going to look lovely. Now I just need to sort out my auntie who wants to go shopping next month for her outfit. Everyone making such an effort and they are all going to look fabulous at the wedding.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Do you feel welcome in your other half’s family? Were you nervous about marrying into another family?
What are you getting up to this weekend?