Happy Friday friends! I hope you all have had a brilliant week.
This week has definitely been all about wedding D.I.Y. It started off with decorating jam jars with pretty lace and ribbons. We also got all of the sweet supplies that we need for our sweet buffet which is also acting as our wedding favour.
It was so much fun choosing all of the sweets, white mice, snowies, rhubarb and custards, flying saucers, bon bons, dib dabs, coconut mushrooms…these all take me back to my childhood!
I also got started on making some bunting. I’m not really a dab hand at sewing but I’m going to try my best and see how I get on. My work colleague is quite a magician with a needle and thread so I might have to rope her in to help.
1. A sweet addicts paradise- we went to a sweet cash and carry to buy all of the sweets for the sweet buffet for wedding. We have officially have enough sweets to open our own shop.
2. Oats cooked on the hob with peaches, cinnamon and honey.
3. Red Thai Curry Falafel Burger with a baked Bushbok sweet potato and steamed broccoli.
4. A wholemeal bagel with mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and mixed leaves.
5. My D.I.Y. decorated jam jars for the wedding, love them!
6. Warm fresh pineapple with strawberries, creamed coconut milk.
7. Blueberry, Strawberry and Coconut smoothie with strawberries and peanut butter on the side.
8. Still rocking my summer garbs with a cardigan to cover up.
9. A peach and banana green smoothie.
10. The most delicious dessert- figs, blueberries and Greek yoghurt.
11. Mega salad of mixed leaves, avocado, beets, tomatoes and celery with some tomato and herb oat cakes.
12. Bunting making!
13. Last nights dinner was fab, chick pea curry with brown rice, yum!
It’s been a pretty fantastic week full of yummy food and fun things. I’ve got a whole post planned for my wedding D.I.Y adventures coming up soon, so watch this space!
This weekend I have a shopping trip planned mainly to buy Alfie’s shoes for the wedding, but I think I might treat myself to a few things. It seems like forever ago when I actually bought something for myself that wasn’t wedding related.
What sweets take you back to your childhood?
What are your plans for this weekend?