I’m back!!! Sorry for the mini hiatus. I have been dying to get back to blogging. As many of you may be aware me and Alfie have just moved to a new home down south in Oxfordshire. The move went very smoothly and thank you for you lovely tweets regarding the move. The only downside of moving house is getting the blasted internet set up which is taking longer than expected. Luckily a lovely friend has let me hijack their internet for a short while so I can write a post =)
Well a lot has happened since my last post…
One major thing being that I have finally submitted my thesis!!! This occurred last Friday and of course that wasn’t plain sailing as the printers mixed up my thesis with someone else’s which led to a 4 hour goose chase around campus trying to locate it. With adrenaline overriding the want to break down and cry at the thought of 4 years of printed work vanishing into thin air I finally located it and handed it in. Why can’t these things be straight forward?!
Anyways, it is done. I for one am so ecstatically happy about this that you have no idea! It’s pretty crazy to think that all of that hard work has come to end. Now I nervously await the date for my thesis defence and then it will all be over for good!
The next day after handing in my thesis it was time to move house. We are totally in love with our new home. Being an old cottage it has bundles of character, old wooden beams, sash windows and wonky door frames. It has had a lot of work done on it previously to it is quite modern inside but still retains those traditional features, which makes it uber quirky.
We have got most of the boxes unpacked, but there are still some to work through. Also, we have lots of ideas on how to make the place feel more like us and had lots of ideas on how we want to style our new home. There will be lots of home styling posts coming your way in the near future.
And of course my wedding day is looming! Officially 4 weeks to the day to day. I’m so excited, but we still have lots to finalise and I have my wedding breakfast stationary to do as well, not forgetting the logistics of the day itself. So much to do…eeek!
Well that’s us pretty bang up to date. Of course it’s Wednesday which means only one thing…
Yep! It’s time for this week’s WIAW of course. Now since that everything has been all over the place in my new house over the past couple of days and a little bit hectic I haven’t managed to take photos of a full day’s worth of food. Instead I am going to share some of my favourite eats over the past couple of days that I have prepared in my new kitchen.
- Pink banana oats made with unsweetened almond milk, water, a banana and blackberries topped with crunchy PB and dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.
- Free range duck eggs scrambled with mixed cherry tomatoes. OMG! Duck eggs are definitely the way forward. The yolks are so creamy and delicious, I will buying these again in the future.
- Majorly delicious salad made of mixed leaves, green lentils, sundried tomatoes, olives, cucumber and sweet chilli hummus- Mediterranean heaven!
- I went for a wander and explored the village a little bit and stumbled across the village shop which stocks lots of organic meats, fish, local produce, freshly baked bread, homemade jams and conserves, local dairy products and lots of other good stuff. I couldn’t resist buying the locally made honey and Greek yoghurt made using Jersey cream, yum!
- I christened my kitchen with my first green juice in my new home, so good!
- One night I made a lovely comforting wholemeal pasta dish using feta, tomatoes, spinach and butternut squash.
Also, I would like to say thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my PopChips giveaway post. I have definitely taken on board what you have said and will be putting it all into action very soon. I have some great posts lined up!
Now time to announce the winner of the giveaway…
Bronagh! Please can you contact me at email@example.com so that I can arrange the delivery of your goodies please.
Well, this wasn’t supposed to be a wordy post, but I guess a lot has happened over the short time that I have been away. Please bear with me as I try and sort out my internet woes and get settled into my new home.
What have you been up to recently?
Do you get excited about moving house or does it make you sad? I was quite sad to leave my previous home of 4 years, but this new house signifies the start of my future wedded life, so it’s all very exciting.
What is the best thing that you have eaten on this fine WIAW?