Spring seems to be on it’s way slowly…hurrah! I’ve been waking up to the cheery sounds of birds tweeting in the trees outside my bedroom window and beautiful sunrises too.
With all of the pretty spring flowers around at the moment, I thought that I would check out some of my favourite fashion brands to see what bright and bold floral blooms they were offering, to get our wardrobes looking ship shape for spring.
1. Poppy and bloom maxi skirt, Topshop
2. Floral wrap around top, H&M
3. Monny Rose on canvas full skirt by Ted Baker, John Lewis
4. Dark floral jumpsuit, Warehouse
5. Neoprene smudge floral shopper, ASOS
6. Watercolour butterfly floral silk classic scarf, Accessorize
7. Pink floral belt, Belt Me
8. Luceey shoes by Ted Baker, Surfdrome
9. Floral shift dress, Next
Normally I would opt for smaller, more ditsy floral prints, but with tulips, peonies, and daffodils currently in bloom I thought that I might fancy something a little more out there. I think bold floral prints are lovely in the spring/summer. You could wear a simple black vest top and a bright floral skirt with flats, for a simple look and a flash of spring colour.
I’m looking to have a complete wardrobe edit and clear out over the weekend, so hopefully I will be making room for some spring blooms inspired fashion pieces.
Have you been inspired by the recent bloom of spring flowers?
Do you prefer larger or smaller prints?