Sweet roasted red peppers, leafy spinach, and salty feta cheese make a great combination. These quick and easy egg muffins are full of flavour and a hit with the entire family!
Whether you’re looking for a portable breakfast idea, a speedy lunch, something to fill the kids lunch boxes with or a protein-packed snack then these egg muffins are definitely for you. As a family, eggs are a staple in our weekly shop, they’re so versatile. Even when the fridge is almost empty it’s reassuring to know that we still have a stash of eggs in the kitchen to create a nutritious meal with limited ingredients.
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 large Peppadew roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and prepare a non-stick muffin tray.
- Portion out the spinach, feta and roasted red peppers between the 6 muffin holes. Place at the bottom of the tray.
- Beat the eggs and milk together with the garlic powder and mixed herbs. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tray until the moulds are 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the egg is fully cooked and golden on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.
With a job, house and kids to look after it can be difficult to find the time to cook dinner for the family, unless it comes out of a packet. I’ve teamed up Peppadew, who produce a range of delicious piquante peppers and roasted red peppers that I’ve used in this easy to make recipe.
Stocking ingredients like the roasted red peppers by Peppadew makes creating simple healthy dishes so easy. They add bags of flavour with minimal time and effort – definitely something that we like to add to our shopping list as one of our store cupboard ingredients.
Feta cheese not your bag? Try adding grated cheddar cheese or goats cheese if that’s more your thing. The only limit here is your imagination and you can really go to town and experiment with different flavour combinations.
Regular readers will know that I’m a massive sweet and salty fan, so the sweet roasted red peppers teamed with the slightly salty feta cheese just works for me. Equally as good would be swapping the feta for Monterey jack cheese and adding jalapenos to the mix for some fiery heat – definitely one to try next time!
What are your staple store cupboard ingredients that always make it onto the shopping list?
*This recipe was commissioned by Peppadew, but all opinions are my own.