Look no further folks, I think I may have created the most addictive recipe of the century! I had to lock this away from myself in an attempt of some sort of damage limitation – it is that good!
Granola is one of my favourite all time treats and this one is a mix of all of my favourite things in one handful. It’s also pretty healthy too as I used coconut oil instead of regular oil. It’s combined with raisins and mixed seeds and with very little ingredients it couldn’t be any easier to make!
You could really go to town with the additions to this granola, I added some of my favourite ingredients, but it can easily be tailored to your own taste buds. How about some chocolate chunks to really take things up a notch? Adding the chocolate chunks would make it reminiscent of peanut butter cups, yum! I don’t know about you, but I hate a granola that skimps on the added extras – this recipe is bursting at the seams with delicious additions that I included.
- 200g/2 cups rolled oat
- 50g/1/2 cup raisins
- 75g/1/2 cup mixed seeds
- 3 tbsp melted coocnut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- In a saucepan heat the honey, coconut oil and peanut butter and mix until well combined. Pour over the oats and stir through making sure that all of the oats are covered well with the wet mixture.
- Lay the covered oats on non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees, remembering to turn them halfway through the cooking process.
- Once golden brown take the granola out of the oven, allow to cool and firm up. When completely cool mix in the additional ingredients and try not to inhale the whole lot in one go.
This would be great by itself for breakfast or I like to eat it sprinkled on top of mixed berries and Greek yoghurt. When the afternoon energy slump comes knocking I also like to have a couple of handfuls as a snack to help me feel alive again. Additions such as the coconut oil is a great source of healthy fats and the mixed seeds are wonderful for getting magnesium into your diet for healthy bones and the production of energy.
DO YOU LOVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN GRANOLA? WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE ADD-INS?
Join the mailing list!
Get your FREE Healthy Snacking 101 Ebook and learn how to snack healthy and happy!