Homemade gifts have that special personal touch that you’ve lovingly taken the time to create. When I receive homemade gifts, they always make me feel extra special because I know how much effort they involve. If you haven’t quite finished your Christmas shopping yet and feeling creative these salted chocolate peanut butter chocolates will be perfect.
Kids love making these and who doesn’t like getting messy in the kitchen with melted chocolate, and obviously licking the bowl afterward is obligatory. You could leave them as they are, however, I thought they would be fun Christmas tree decorations with the simple addition of some decorative butchers twine as the handles. I went with some white, red and green twine because it reminded me of festive candy cane.
- 1 bar of Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Milk or Dark Chocolate
- Smooth peanut butter to fill the chocolate centres
- Sea salt
- Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Mix (optional)
- Dr. Oetker Gold or Silver Shimmer Spray (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave for approximately 2 minutes, remembering to stir every 30 seconds.
- Take a silicon chocolate mould and pour in your preferred sprinkles (I used Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Mix) and fill the moulds halfway with the melted chocolate. Next add half a teaspoon of smooth peanut butter and a small pinch of sea salt.
- Fill the moulds with the remaining chocolate until full.
- If you want to turn the chocolates into tree decorations now is the time to add the butchers twine, while the chocolate is still melted.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and set before removing from the moulds.
- They look really pretty sprayed with Dr. Oetker Gold or Silver Shimmer Spray.
I’ve shared my chocolate bauble recipe over on the brand new We Bake community; the community that rewards you for baking. We Bake is the first baking social media, a platform that celebrates baking and is a community for bakers of any level.
I recently took part in the Bake a Bauble challenge. As you can see from my recipe you can get as innovative as you like and even have the opportunity to win great prizes and access to exclusive events, so keep your eyes peeled for the community challenges in store for 2017. Check out this recipe on my We Bake profile so check it out here, become a We Bake member and let me know how you find it. It’s so simple to create your own profile!
Peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate combination and when they have finally set, you can go completely crazy with the decorations. My favourite were the Chocolatey Mix by Dr. Oetker; full of a variety of chocolate sprinkles which helped to make the chocolates even more festive. Some gold or silver sparkle spray or icing would also be fantastic!
Have you made any edible gifts this year?
*Recipe commissioned by Dr. Oetker, but all opinions are my own.
Join the mailing list!
Get your FREE Healthy Snacking 101 Ebook and learn how to snack healthy and happy!