Thank you all for your lovely comments. I’m feeling much better now its the weekend. I managed to get quite a few tasks done today that were the cause of my stressed state. I felt such a relief when I had crossed them off my to so list. I’m planning a weekend, well just Sunday really of relaxation- face masks, trashy magazines, movies and a bit of baking. Oh and my long run of course!
Anyways, lets get on with this weeks Friday Feature post!
Stocking up on heaps of energy before you start to exercise is essential for a kick ass and effective workout. Eating before any exercise, as opposed to running on no fuel has been shown to increase performance and is a smart way to improve your endurance whilst working out.
Why are pre-workout snacks so highly recommended?
- Help to keep a constant blood sugar level, which can be problematic for your energy levels when low.
- Provides long lasting energy through out your workout.
- Prevents hunger pangs.
Obviously, we ,all do have different tastes about what to prepare before a workout. The sort of snack you want would be determined by the workout’s difficulty level. I bear a few points in mind while selecting a pre-workout snack:
- Fruit, wholegrain pasta, and cereals are rich in carbohydrates and help to keep blood sugar levels stable.
- A small amount of protein will help you maintain your energy levels and boost your physical stamina.
- Sugary foods can cause the blood sugar levels to plummet, resulting in a loss of energy.
I prefer to eat a banana or a handful of dates and nuts in the early hours of the morning while I’m working out. To tackle the daily afternoon energy dip, I need something a little heavy for an afternoon/evening workout.
The more time you have between eating and exercise, the more calories you would be able to consume. Since the muscles need more oxygen, a high-intensity exercise necessitates a longer digestion period. If you eat too much before working out, a large part of your blood flow would be directed to your stomach rather than your muscles.
Now since fuelling your workouts is IMPORTANT I have a lil’ something something up my blogging sleeves. After reading my review and reading my about me wanting to try their hemp protein powder the lovely people at Pulsin’ sent me a huge pack to review for the blog. Not only that they also sent me a pretty spectacular haul to share with you guys!
An 18 bar mixed box of Pulsin’ energy bars and a 250g bag of Hemp protein powder.
A selection of Pulsin’ energy bars and a 250g bag of Hemp protein powder.
To get your hands on one of these energy boosting prizes simply…
- leave a comment on this post stating your favourite pre-workout snack;
- tweet about this giveaway ensuring that @celery_cupcakes is in the tweet;
- link back to this giveaway in your blog post;
- subscribe to the blog or become a follower on twitter.
Each action counts as a separate entry and please leave a comment for each one as I wouldn’t want to miss one out when I count them all up. The giveaway will end on Friday 22nd April at 1pm (UK time) with the winner to be picked using the random generator and announced on Saturday.
Now since I’m currently guarding these prizes I think I’m gonna take this giveaway world wide!
So, ENTER! ENTER! ENTER! as all these bars are taking up valuable space in my health food cupboard!