Mexican Chilli Bean WrapsCourse: Uncategorized
A fun and healthy meal idea for weekday lunches or a casual dinner at home with friends.
400g black beans
400g red kidney beans
400g chopped tomatoes
1 onion sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and black pepper
alternatively use 1 sachet of ready-made taco seasoning
Mixed salad leaves
- To make the black bean taco sauce, first fry off a sliced onion in pan until tender. Add the kidney beans To prepare the black bean taco sauce, cook the sliced onion until tender in a pan. Add the kidney and black beans, along with the diced tomatoes and taco spices (or a taco seasoning sachet). Simmer for 20-30 minutes on low pressure.
- Begin preparing your tasty wraps by warming the tortilla wraps in the oven for a few seconds. Combine the beans with some of your favourite toppings to make a delicious wrap with a Mexican flavour.
- And if you’re not a confident chef, these wraps are suitable for a wide range of cooking abilities. They’re also a perfect choice for a dinner party because they seem to be made with a lot of preparation when there’s really very little cooking involved. You should simply arrange things in bowls on the table and let everybody serve themselves.
- While you might add a meat-based chilli to these wraps, the black beans are a great source of protein and are really filling, particularly after everything else is stuffed into the wrap.
- They’re also a great way to repurpose and use up every form of leftover chilli. All you have to do is choose your favourite add-ins, such as salsa, grated cheese, avocado, sour cream, lettuce (the list goes on!) to customise your Mexican Chilli Bean Wraps to your liking.
- What are the go-to toppings for Mexican cuisine? What’s your favourite Mexican dish?