It’s amazing to think that healthy food can taste so good. One of my bugbears is the common misconception that eating well means a lifetime of boring lettuce leaves and carrot sticks. Trying to move away from making my trusted salad option for lunch, I decided to come up with something a bit different.
I knew that I wanted something that was quick and simple to make, like a salad and still packed full of lots of nourishing goodness. Since buying my spiralizer, I always have a pile of courgettes in the fridge, and with a couple that desperately needed using up, I fancied trying out an alternative dish to my all-time favourite courgetti.
Would you just look at those runny yolks, definitely yolk porn; it’s very best. I can remember being pregnant and not being able to eat my favourite runny egg yolks – well, I’m definitely making it up for it now! They’re just so rich and creamy that this doesn’t really need a sauce at all. The optional sprinkle of chilli flakes gives this dish a subtle heat, and the coriander adds freshness.
What I love about this recipe is not only its simplicity but also how easily adaptable it is to different tastes and dietary requirements. You can literally use whatever toppings your heart desires, and you will never get bored. I’ve never even tried a potato rosti before, and I’m sure they are lovely, but there is just something special about the taste of the courgettes when they are cooked this way.
What toppings would you put on your courgette rosti?
I’m obviously a sunny side up kinda gal, but how do you like your eggs in the morning?
Spiralized Courgette Rosti With Smoked SalmonCourse: Uncategorized
A vegetable packed, low-carb rosti topped with delicious smoked salmon and creamy egg yolk.
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
1/3 cup smoked salmon
1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
Coriander to garnish
- Use a spiralizer to prepare the courgette to create courgetti or use a speed peeler make courgette ribbons.
- To the courgette stir in the garlic powder and 1 whole egg.
- Cook the courgette in a non-stick frying pan with a little oil. Keep patting the cougette down with the back of a wooden spoon to help it stick together.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat and nhen it turns golden brown, turn the rosti over and cook for a further 5 minutes and put to one side.
- Next fry an egg and leave the yolk runny if preferred.
- Top with the rosti with the smoked salmon, fried egg and avocado.
- Spinkle with dried chilli flakes and coriander.