Quinoa, Cauliflower & Butternut SquashCourse: Uncategorized
A delicious vegetarian curry with plenty of veggies and protein from quinoa.
1 head of cauliflower
2-3 cups quinoa
3 cups diced butternut squash
1 clove of garlic
4 fresh tomatoes chopped (can use tinned)
thumb size portion of ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
3 tsps garam masala
1 can of full fat coconut milk
Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Wash and prepare the vegetables, and prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
- In a skillet, dice the onion and soften it in a little oil, then add the grated ginger and garlic and stir for 5 minutes. Before applying the seasoning, stir for another 2 minutes.
- Place the sliced tomatoes, cauliflower florets, and diced butternut squash in a large mixing bowl.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, tossing the vegetables in the spices and adding a splash of water if it starts to adhere.
- After that, add the coconut milk and enable the curry to simmer for at least 20-25 minutes on a low heat.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa until the vegetables have softened.
- Garnish with new coriander leaves before serving.