Carrot Cake FlapjacksCourse: Uncategorized
Better than a shop brought flapjack, these soft and chewy oaty bars are great for all the family!
2 cups oats (180g)
1 carrot, grated
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut oil (50 ml)
4 tbsp agave nectar
3 medjool dates
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and put a greaseproof paper in a baking pan.
- Add the oats, grated carrot, medjool dates, pistachio nuts, cinnamon, and desiccated coconut to a mixing cup. Stir all together until it’s fully smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil and agave nectar in a separate bowl on the stove or in the microwave.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir to thoroughly cover everything.
- Place the mixture in the baking pan and even it out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sides are golden brown. Allow to cool fully before slicing.
- SMART POINTS PER SQUARE – 10
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers in an airtight bag.