Gluten Free Lemon Bundt CakeCourse: Uncategorized
A gorgeous zesty gluten free lemon bundt cake that will make the perfect centre piece at any celebration or party.
- For the sponge
Three cups gluten free plain flour
One-third cup fruit sugar
One cup coconut oil or butter
Half a cup full fat Greek yoghurt
Juice of One lemon
Zest of Two lemons
Half a cup almond milk
One tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- For the icing
One cup icing sugar
1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and lightly grease the bundt pan.
- Combine the fruit sugar and coconut oil in a big mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Then, one at a time, beat in the eggs, followed by the Greek yoghurt, lemon zest, and juice.
- Alternate between adding the almond milk and sieving in the flour and baking powder.
- Mix using a wooden spoon or spatula so all of the flour is blended.
- Place the batter in the baking tray and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow 10 minutes to stand before removing from the tin and allowing to cool.
- To make the icing
- To make a smooth paste, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and put it aside.
- Make sure the pan is properly greased; a coconut oil cooking spray or an alternative fits best.