Harissa, Kale & Roasted Vegetable Tart – Celery and CupcakesCourse: Uncategorized
This simple and easy recipe is full of nutrient-dense roasted vegetables, as well as a mix of spices and heat from the harissa sauce smothered on the bottom.
A roll of ready rolled puff pastry
A cup of roasted courgette
1 cup roasted red onion
A cup of roasted butternut squash
1/4 cup feta cheese
A cup of roasted aubergine
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1 cup of kale
- To make the sauce
4 tbsp passata
3 tsp harissa paste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the puff pastry on the baking tray that has been prepared. Fold the edges inwards by 0.5cm to create the tart’s surface.
- Combine the harissa paste and passata in a mixing bowl and scatter thinly around the tart’s base.
- Spread the roasted vegetables in a single layer on top, then sprinkle the new kale on top.
- To make the crust become golden brown when cooked, beat the egg and brush it over it.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven, or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown.
- To eat, top with feta cheese crumbles and pomegranate seeds.
- Preparation time excludes chopping and roasting time for the vegetables.