Squash & Asparagus Hash With Poached Duck Egg – Celery and CupcakesCourse: Uncategorized
Spring asparagus, butternut squash, and courgette ribbons, easily seasoned with dried oregano, garlic, and lemon zest, serve as a delectable bed for a poached duck egg with its beautifully creamy yolk.
1 cup butternut squash, diced
6 asparagus spears, sliced
1 courgette cut into ribbons
1/4 cup petit pois
1/2 red onion
1 clove garlic, grated
zest of half a lemon
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 tsp Schwartz oregano
Splash of water
1 duck egg
5ml white wine vinegar
Handful of chopped flat leaf parsley and coriander to garnish
- With the white wine vinegar, bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer.
- Heat the oil in a big skillet and roast the red onion for a minute before including the diced squash. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- To aid in the cooking of the squash, add a splash of water to the plate. Cook for 5 minutes more, adding more water if necessary.
- Add the asparagus and peas after stirring in the garlic and oregano.
- Before attaching the courgette ribbons, cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the fire and toss in the courgette ribbons.
- If the duck egg is thoroughly cooked, remove it from the pan and put it aside.
- Arrange the vegetables on a plate and cover with the poached egg.
- Season with Lemon zest, feta cheese, and sliced flat leaf parsley and coriander.