Mexican Quinoa Chicken BurritosCourse: Uncategorized
Mildly spiced Mexican burritos filled with chicken, black beans and quinoa.
Six skinless chicken thighs on the bone
Two cups cooked quinoa
One red pepper, diced
Three spring onions, sliced
Two garlic cloves, minced
One packet of taco seasoning
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 cups precooked black beans
8 tortilla wraps
fresh coriander to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Season the chicken thighs and place them in a big roasting pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Remove the skin from the bone and break into pieces after it has cooled moderately.
- Heat some oil in a pan and roast the spring onions for 2 minutes before introducing the garlic and red pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- The passata, taco seasoning, smoked paprika, and black beans are then added. Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- To steam the quinoa and chicken, add them to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and have fun!