Snowdon PuddingCourse: Uncategorized
A soothing dessert from the Snowdon area, made with a citrus sponge and topped with sweet raisins.
100g vegetable suet
15g cornflour or ground rice
50g fruit sugar
100g gluten free breadcrumbs
75g lemon Marmalade
Grated rind 1 lemon
- Except for a couple of raisins, combine all of the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and add them to the dry ingredients.
- Place a bunch of raisins in the bottom of a pudding basin that has been greased.
- Pour in the mixture and cook/steam for 1 1/2 hours, periodically testing the water level.
- Serve with a white sauce, citrus sauce, or custard on the side.