A golden anti-inflammatory smoothie made with turmeric, delicious coconut milk and hydrating coconut water.
Man, I just LOVE the colour of this smoothie! I think its golden hue makes me feel like I’m drinking a magical elixir that’s doing me the world of good. Well, actually drinking this smoothie will do great things for your insides because one of it’s main ingredients, turmeric, one of the most nutritious dietary supplements with medicinal properties.
- 1 ripe banana
- 400 ml coconut water
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
Turmeric is a nutritional powerhouse and recently I’ve been making an extra special effort to squeeze it into my everyday. The health benefits are incredible:
- Increases the bodies antioxidant capacity to help fight free-radicals
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties
- Lowers the risk of cardiac problems and heart disease
- Potential role in preventing certain cancers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Significant medicinal properties due to active compounds like curcumin
Whizzing up a smoothie couldn’t be any easier to get your dose of turmeric, especially if you’re not a curry fan. The coconut milk gives this smoothie a lovely creaminess as well as a delicious tropical flavour. Another of my favourite ingredients, coconut oil, is full of healthy nourishing fats and the coconut water is great for hydration and feeling refreshed.