Mini Lamb Roast With Red PestoCourse: Uncategorized
A delicious easy to prepare mini roast lamb dish that is a perfect midweek meal.
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean lamb mini roast
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
15-30ml/1-2tbsp prepared red pesto
- For the Pasta
175g/6oz pasta shapes
30ml/2tbsp prepared red pesto
100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful baby spinach leaves
25g/1oz pine nuts, toasted
Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F (Gas mark 5).
- Place the mini roast joint on a chopping board and season by cutting multiple slits across the surface. Apply the pesto that has been made.
- Transfer to a roasting tin with a foil-lined metal rack and roast for 35-40 minutes. If it’s browning too fast, cover it with foil.
- Transfer the lamb to a warm plate, cover gently with foil, and set aside for 5-10 minutes, or 20 minutes if time permits.
- In the meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain and return to the pan. Integrate the remaining pasta ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve the sliced lamb with the pasta.
- Alternatively, you might use the pesto to coat a full or half leg of lamb. Brush the pesto mixture over the joint halfway through cooking and proceed to roast to your liking.