Chocolate Covered Strawberry SundaeCourse: Uncategorized
A fruity and colourful strawberry sundae cake filled with chocolate-covered strawberries, suitable for summer barbecues and celebrations.
- TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
150 g resh strawberries halved
2 tbsp water
1-3 tsp maple syrup
- TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES:
Handful of strawberries
50 g good quality chocolate
- TO MAKE THE SUNDAE:
4 scoops yoomoo strawberry frozen yogurt
Optional extras: whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts
- THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- Stir together the strawberries, water, and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until the strawberries are softened and the juices have been released – this might tAKE 5-8 minutes. Allow the sauce to cool before using.
- FOR CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Microwave the chocolate chuncks for 30 seconds. To melt the remaining chocolate, stir it in.
- Dip the fresh strawberries in the melting chocolate and put them on greaseproof paper to harden.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSEMBLY:
- Place one scoop of yoomoo strawberry frozen yoghurt at the bottom of two different sundae glasses or jars and cover with strawberry sauce.
- Cover each sundae with another scoop of frozen yoghurt and more strawberry sauce
- Go nutson the toppings, particularly the chocolate-covered strawberries.
- To serve more people, double the ingredients.